Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What an Achiever!

 
Sarita Dwivedi - 19 years of age, from Allahabad, is a physically-challenged girl, (doesn't have both hands, one leg; using an artificial limb), but with many talents!

She is an outstanding artist - SHE PAINTS WITH HER FOOT !!!!. Every painting that she has made has whole lot of expressions and ideas.

Sarita Dwivedi’s life turned upside down when she was four. A power line fell on her. A fighter, she came out of the hospital alive but without her limbs. She walks on artificial legs and has no hands but hasn’t lost hope.

“I use my creativity to overcome my disabilities. I grew up like a normal child and my family has been extremely supportive of me. Whenever, I get free time from studies, I paint."

Her steely resolve to overcome physical challenges and to carve a special niche in painting has earned her National Balshree award (2005), National award for the empowermwnt of PwD (2008, best creative girl child), Godfrey Philips national bravery award(2010), and Silver award from Ministry of Culture Egypt in 2007.

"After my accident, I decided that I will not be a burden for my parents instead do something that will make them feel proud of me. I feel that a disabled person should not consider himself less than anyone else. Infact, they should take up all aspects of life as a challenge and prove that they are no less,'' she emphasises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

பிறப்புடன் பிறக்கும் ஐந்து விதிகள்...

ஒரு குழந்தை கர்ப்பத்தில் உண்டாகிறது. அதனுடன் ஐந்து விஷயங்கள் கூடவே பிறக்கின்றன.  (1) *ஆயுள்* : மனிதன் எவ்வளவு முயற்சி செய்தாலும் ஒரு நொடி க...