Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Thakur Roshan Singh

 

Thakur Roshan Singh had written to his cousin Hukam Singh from the condemned cell of Malaka/Naini Jail of Allahabad - "The life of a man is the best creation of God and I have proved this by sacrificing it for cause of its creator. I am the first man of my native village Nabada who has glorified all of you my brothers and sisters. Why to repent for this mortal human body, it was to be finished any day. I am happy that I could devote more and more time to meditate in the last moments. I know the man who dies in the way of his duty or Dharma gets salvation for ever. You need not worry for my death. I am going to sleep peacefully in the lap of God."

Roshan Singh (22 January 1892, Shahjahanpur district - 19 December 1927, Allahabad) was a Bharatiya krantikari who was previously sentenced in the Bareilly shooting case during Non Cooperation Movement of 1921-22. After release from Bareilly central jail, he joined the Hindustan Republican Association in 1924. Although he had not taken part in the Kakori event, yet he was arrested and confined to capital punishment of death sentence by the then British Government.

No comments:

Post a Comment

பிறப்புடன் பிறக்கும் ஐந்து விதிகள்...

ஒரு குழந்தை கர்ப்பத்தில் உண்டாகிறது. அதனுடன் ஐந்து விஷயங்கள் கூடவே பிறக்கின்றன.  (1) *ஆயுள்* : மனிதன் எவ்வளவு முயற்சி செய்தாலும் ஒரு நொடி க...